That leaves two kids at home. With the first day of school next week.
Time to get schedules back up & running. Time to get the rules back in place.
Time to actually put in place a weekly date night!
Studies show that date night is vital to your relationship. Even more then clean laundry.
So why is it so hard?
It's so hard because everything - from vacuuming the rug to washing the dog always seems more important.
It's not. Your relationship is.
Here are some ideas for a low cost time out with your SO. (Significant Other)
- weekly movie at the local small theatre. Doesn't matter what's playing - pretend it's 1950 when people would go see whatever was there. Explore new genres. If you have the Optimium Triple Play thru Cable Vision- you get free movies on Tuesdays - go use the perk. Walk to the theatre. Skip the popcorn.
- pack a picnic dinner and take it to a free concert.
- go window shopping with an ice cream cone in your hand.
- go to a museum. Many have a free admission night.
- go for a bike ride. Without the kids.
- go for a stroll - no power walking. Actually talk to each other. Try and remember what you did for your last anniversary.
- go out to breakfast. At a local hotel. Feel like your on vacation in your own town. While this isn't all that low cost, it's a lot cheaper then dinner!