Thursday, December 13, 2012

Nesting 101


The weather is turning brisker, the days are getting shorter – time to nest.
No – not the type of nesting you feel compelled to do right before you have a baby. In my world, those days are long gone. This is nesting for you.
I’m talking about setting up a happy place for you, a safe place, a nest.
I’m talking about outfitting your bed as the sanctuary it needs to be.
I’m talking soothing colors, everything at your fingertips.
Here’s a list of what makes my life better – at least more comfy….
emptiness. No clutter. No dirty dishes. Just the basics.
a clock with a push light – I wear contacts and can’t see a clock across the room, nor do I want a glowing clock right next to me. This works perfectly. I push the button on top when I need the light, perfectly dark when I don’t.
reading lamp
down quilt
squishy pillows
heated mattress pad. This is one of my all time favorite things. I got it at JC Penny. Instead of an electric blanket, this heats up under you. And it’s dual control, so only my side needs to be on. I turn it on before I get into bed, and then it’s warm and comfy for me when I get in. And the control is mounted on the side of my night table, you can just see it in the picture. This way when I want to adjust it, I can just reach out my hand. No fumbling in the dark. I attached it with Command Adhesive strips.
remote control for the lights. I have one remote that does all the lights in the bedroom. Invaluable for when you are reading in bed and want to turn the lights off. No getting up! I’m going to mount that on the wall also. Right now it sits on the table, but I’m always knocking it down – so to the Command Adhesive I go!
a cat – this is optional.
This past weekend I did something I never do – I woke up, made the bed, and then decided that I didn’t want to get up. So instead, I postponed the day and spent time just lounging in bed. I wasn’t sick, it just felt right.
I suggest you do the same if you possibly can. Makes a world of difference in your outlook on life. One day not being responsible for things evens out the playing field somehow.
Thanks for listening. I'm Evelyn Cucchiara of The Hopeful Life, where I show crazy, busy people with no time how to lose the crazy & get more time. I'm all about the shortcuts.
Shortcuts for getting out the door in the morning, shortcuts for finding more time in your day, shortcuts for living life the way it should be - Happy, Organized, Peaceful, Efficient & Full of Fun - HOPEFUL!
Stop by my website for my free tip sheet - 7 Ways To Calmly Get Out The Door In The Morning. http://www.TheHopefulLife.com
Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment