But no, it doesn't have to be that way. What you (and I ) need is a buffer. Something to rely on when the going gets tough. And I don't mean shopping.
Here instead are my top 6 ways to organize happiness:
- schedule some time for yourself doing something you love best. Reading, bubblebathing (is that a word?) exercising (I hear for some people this is something they actually enjoy doing!)
- set up some schedules in your life to free yourself from everyday jobs. Like the ones suggested in my previous blogs or in my book.
- surround yourself with upbeat people. The naysayers have no place in your life, other then to bring you down.
- imagine a happy outcome to your troubles. Actually put yourself in the picture and envision the happy results. Ever seen The Secret?
- don't watch the news everyday. Informed is good, constantly hearing about all the bad things in the world, not so good. My 12 year old son couldn't sleep after watching the precoverage of Hurricane Irene. He finally realized that the reporters job was to keep you glued to the set by scaring you.
- Do you subscribe to The Happy News? Only happiness, all the time.http://www.happynews.com
be happy & be organized.....evelyn
ps - that cute picture of a smiley face? It's really a cake from Family Fun magazine. Click here for the recipe!